Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sweet Home Alabama

I am already lagging behind on my blogging.  I'll try to do a better job.  We finally made it to Alabama on Saturday.  We left Friday afternoon and stopped off to visit with the Terrys.  We had a nice time with Rusty, Lindsay, and the sweetest little girl, Emily.  I thought I took more pictures there, but these are all I got...

Emily playing in her room.  She was really funny about her new found independence. 

Aiden playing with Lindsay.  He really loved the toys that made sound and had fun lights!  

After dinner and a good night sleep we headed towards Alabama.  We meant to spend the night in Jackson, MS but the trip was so easy and Aiden was being such a trooper we ended up driving all the way to Birmingham.  I really wanted to get pictures entering every state, but I missed Louisiana.
I forgot how big the Mississippi river was.  

Welcome to Mississippi ya'll!!  When we got to Mississippi I wanted a break from driving so we pulled into the town right on the river.  I love looking at old buildings in southern towns.  I was so engrossed in the history of the buildings that I took a wrong turn and ended up in a very sketchy part of town!

Sweet Home Alabama!  I saw this sign SEVERAL times Saturday afternoon.  Once we crossed into Alabama I wanted to stop at the visitors center to pick up some brochures and maps.  I dropped Josh off at the front door to get some of the items and I went to park.  I didn't know but the road led out of the center and onto the highway again.  I finally found my way back after driving back to Mississippi then back to Alabama.  Poor Josh had to wait a while.  Good thing he had some fun articles to look at. :)   

I'll post later about our adventures here in Birmingham

No comments:

Post a Comment