Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas- Part 2

We had a wonderfully merry Christmas this year!  It is so much more exciting sharing Christmas with a child; although, Aiden really didn't know what was going on.  I know he won't remember this Christmas (or the next couple for that matter) but that didn't matter to me.  We tried to talk to him about why we celebrate Christmas and he got lots of fun toys too.  :) As he gets a little bit older there are some traditions that we would like to start but this year we just kept it simple.  Thursday evening I served in the preschool for the Christmas eve Eve service at our church.  Then the family came up to go to the 7:00 service.  What a wonderful service it was.  On Christmas Eve, I served in the preschool again before coming home to prime rib and ham.  Everyone went to bed fairly early that night because we knew the next day was going to be a busy one.

Christmas morning is always a blessing in our family. Not just because of the super great presents but because we are all together, healthy and happy.







Playing with toys from Santa!














Opening presents...


Aiden was much more interested in playing with the paper and boxes than with his new toys. 





I had been wanting a new bible to replace my old one.  Mom and dad got me one that matched Josh's.  

 Tech prints

Mom got a Shake-weight! 


 Aiden got large legos from Grandma and Papaw.  He put two together and used it as a comb! 


 Dad's new camera

 My mom collects Starbucks mugs from all the countries she has been to.  She couldn't find a Taiwan one and my dad finally found it for her.  

She was pumped!

Mom's new ring from dad.  

Josh and Marcus are now part of the ipad club.  

My new bling!

I've been wanting a Pandora bracelet to collect memories with the charms.  

The aftermath!!!  It was a long process cleaning all of this up.





 Josh got a piece of floor signed by Kobe Bryant in his stocking from my grandma. 

 Marcus and dad got a signed hat from some Cowboys players.

 Our stockings are always pretty sweet and yes, I still get stockings from my parents.  This year my grandmother put several of my great grandmothers cookbooks in mine.  I loved that.

Playing on his new horsey

Aiden kept going up to Pops, calling him mama, until he picked him up and walked him to the kitchen for a "bite".   


 Nana was laying on Aiden's beanbag chair and he came over and just hugged on her!  


Merrrrry Christmas 2010! 

No comments:

Post a Comment